Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

telephone loosing connectivity

New Poster

telephone loosing connectivity

We have Comcost internet and Vonage telephone.  Across the street they have Comcost internet as well as Comcost telephone.  Both of us have identical problems.  We are in a conversation and the phone cuts out.  We can hear the person on the line but they cannot hear us.  If we alert the caller to the problem and they stay on the line within a minute or less the connectivity will resume.  Our community tends to favor Comcast internet as we have Comcast TV in our maintenance fees.  There are 3 or 4 other people; some with Comcast telephone some with Magic Jack some with Ooma that have the identical problem. 

Since I have Vonage, Comcast likes to tell me I have to talk with Vonage.  Vonage sent me a new box and that did not help.  I changed telephones from Uniden to GE and that didn't help.  I put my boxes and phones all 3 feet apart and that didn't help.  I password protected my wifi and that didn't help.

This has been going on for 3 months.  In the beginning I was on a conference call with Comcast and Vonage and myself.  Comcast and Vonage tweeked certain setting and that improved the problem for about a week.  Last week I had a Comcast service person to the house.  He said that we had static on the line and he adjusted, fixed, cleared it, or whatever he did.  I was extatic as I thought it was fixed--for a day and a half.

Help!  Who has had a similar problem and how was it resolved?         dianaross716

P.S.  A few years ago I had problems with my internet service.  The local office counted up to 14 or more  service calls to my house and threatened me with charges.  I backed off.  A few months later Comcast came out and redid the whole community with new wiring on the poles.  The problem was solved. 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: telephone loosing connectivity

The Help Forums Administrator has been notified of your post.  Please watch this Thread for a response.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Connection Expert

Had a problem with a VOIP line.  Swapped out the modem and resolved the issue.  Don't know if you have the same issue.  But you could take the modem down to the local service center and swap it out.

Failing that, you could give us some data so we can help you resolve the issue

If you would, Please CLICK HERE which will browse into your modem. From there you can navigare to the page that shows your Signal levels. If you would copy that information and paste it back here in your thread we will try to help you. Note: We are interested in your downstream Power level and SNR as well as your upstream power.

Two additional links with step by step processes for troubleshooting an ddata gathering

Troubleshooting Suggestions for Connection-Related Issues

http://forums.comcast.net/comcastsupport/board/message?board.id=5&message.id=69354&jump=true

Information Required for Connection-related Posts

http://forums.comcast.net/comcastsupport/board/message?board.id=5&message.id=69355&jump=true

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Valued Contributor

We've escalated this matter to the regional management office.

Steve

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon