Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

tecnicolor tc8305c and the no Battery Issue

New Poster

tecnicolor tc8305c and the no Battery Issue

Ok I have been back with Comcast for almost a year now. I went with the triple play big big big mistake. The lady on the phone told me i could save gettting the triple play and assured me that the phone will work even during a power outage. What a bunch of B S . Yes the phone will work if you have the battery that was not supplied. I refuse to buy a battery for equipment I am leasing period!!!!!!!! Now my alarm can not contact the montoring company if house is on fire , broke into , or i have to hit the abulace button for some reason when my power is out. Well I am here to tell you comcast one if my house is broken into when the power is off YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL STOLEN ITEMS AND DAMAGES, SAME IF A FIRE HAPPENS !!!!!!!!!! ALSO IF ANYONE DIES BECAUSE OF NO PHONE AND CANT HIT PANIC BUTTON YOU WILL BE SUED FOR IT!!!!!!

You promised me you have changed, you said i will have phone service for my alarm during power outage. Once again you proven you are nothing but a low life company who lies to get what you want and you will never change. I will be going back to AT&T for phone and internet and I will be going back to Direct TV. You give me no choice.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: tecnicolor tc8305c and the no Battery Issue

Comcast stopped providing batteries for modems for almost 2 years now, I believe. You must purchase it seperately. Comcast provides it, but you can usually find it cheaper elsewhere.

Problem Solver

You may also be able to buy your own phone/modem and save the rental fee. Check with local Comcast service center first. Be wary of second hand equipment.

New Poster

Thats an issue then .. Comcast csr told me that the modem would have a battery and would work in a power outage. That was the only reason we switched our perfectly working AT&T phone over to Comacast and our Internet over to them as well. We were just looking for TV service at the time . Trust me I talk to the CSR for well over an hour about this before I switched everything. Like I said once again Comcast lied to get what they wanted.

To top all of it off now I am being told I am in a 2 yr contract when I was told I could pay the reg price  and avoid a contract which we did and have been doing for a year now. So where is my signature on this alledged 2 yr contract??? All my paperwork does not metion this any where. Trust me my wife has every document from day one ( she works for an attorney so she keeps everything). So once again Comcast tring to be a snake and screw me like they did in past . They have not changed for the better just the worse. Oh if they want to say that the call was recordeed when I ordered then they best listen to it again cause one did not agree to 2 yr contract and 2 they long conversation about the phone working in power outage is all there. See I just listened to it my self to make sure. Yes I record all my conversations with comcast since they have proven to never be there for the customer just for themself.

Problem Solver

Send Tom Feedback  hopfully enough folks will and they will do something about training and who they hire. https://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/vp-contact-form/