Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

stutter tone and vm indicator turn on with every call

Regular Visitor

stutter tone and vm indicator turn on with every call

Can I get a tech to reset my VM? The stutter tone never turns off even though I do not have any messages. Thx, D

Silver Problem Solver

Re: stutter tone and vm indicator turn on with every call

Hello,

Try the following:

1. Dial *99 from your comcast home phone line and make sure all messages are cleared out and not marked as unread

2. Unplug your phone from the wall for a few minutes if you have a cordless phone please unplug the batteries for 2-3minutes.

If those options doesn't work please call 1-800 comcast

Regular Visitor

Hello, did not work. Was clear initially then after 1st dialed call, the VM indicator and stutter tone is back on. Thx, D.

Regular Visitor

called comcast, unplugged all again, they reset from their end.......still no good, stutter tone on.

New Poster

Hi - I'm having the same issue, where I have the interrupted dial tone, indicating that there are unheard messages, but there are no messages in my voicemail box (I've deleted all of them).  I've tried the solutions listed on this post (called and left myself a voicemail, then deleted it), unplugged my phone, removed the batteries, etc., but still have the same trouble.  It's annoying, particularly since I am having other issues with Comcast (namely, Comcast callers aren't able to ring through to my phone, but go straight to voicemail, and I therefore rely on the interrupted dial tone to know whether or not one of those Comcast callers who hasn't been able to get through to our line has left a message.  I can no longer rely on this as an indicator, since it's now always showing that there's a message...very frustrating!). 

Any help is appreciated!

Frequent Visitor

call yourself, leave a message and go delete it, it will clear it, been going through this fr 4 months now, every morning I waske up to that light flashing. Whoever keeps telling people to call comcast must work for them, cuz them fixing it is a joke