Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

simple tech call to get my # ported back NOT

Frequent Visitor

simple tech call to get my # ported back NOT

I feel like Alice down the rabbit hole today after what I just went through with a customer service agent (John) at comcast.  Bait and switch move that left a really really bad taste in my mouth for comcast.   Verizon up sold me a product in one of there stores that will not work for me.  Home phone connect.  Less then 24 hours later, I return the product and cancel the service.  Well, my home phone got ported to verizon anyway.  V gives me an account number to give to Comcast to request the # be ported back.

This is where it gets ugly.  After talking to tech and having the agent say they are taking care of the port she says I need to transfer you to John.  John comes on and says, so.........what is going on?  (after I have already been on with the previous agent for 20 mins)   John procedes to tell me its gonna cost me a fortune to get my number back.  Asks me how important is that number to me, (I have had for 34 years)  and procedes to shove the comcast security system down my throat.   He states the bundle I HAD less then 24 hours ago, is no longer available so I cant have it back.  (they are actually cheaper now)   I felt like he was holding my ability to get my home phone back over my head while trying to sign me up with a bundle that includes a security system.     After 45 mins.. I am serious about that 45 mins.  I have tell him, "I called for a tech issue so why am I getting caught up in a sales call" before he finally let up and said he would help me get my number ported back to comcast.   This sales techniqe is deplorable!  First I have no phone today, so I am emotional.   I am actually staying with Comcast instead of going with Verizon and this is the way I was treated!   Just to get my number ported back to comcast is raising my bill and completely took my bundle away.  So much for staying with Comcast. Verizons home service was not for me (no faxing) but century link is a great possibilty.  

Frequent Visitor

Re: simple tech call to get my # ported back NOT

lets add that John gave me a temporary phone number to call out on.  5 hours later it still doesnt work. Call comcast and they tell me that I had to call in to activate it... Uh, ok, Why didnt John tell me that?  Oh wait, he was only concerned with up selling me a bundle that included a home security system!!