New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

removing a blocked number from my phone

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

removing a blocked number from my phone

How do I remove a blocked number on my voice preferences? I clicke on the X to remove the block and a message appeared asking me if I really wanted to remove the block. I clicked on Ok but nothing happened. This happened to me last fall too and I was able to finally get help from Comcast but I'd like to know what to do so I don't have to call them. Thanks

Frequent Visitor

Re: removing a blocked number from my phone

still waiting for a reply. I already called Comcast and the agent told me to use my home phone and not the computer and to dial   *80. I did so and received a message that call screening was off. But when I checked again on the computer the number is still listed as blocked. I tried again to remove it by clicking the "x" and received the same message I received before:"Are you sure you want to delete this number from call blocking?" I clicked ok again  and nothing happened. When will I hear from Comast?? I've waited for five hours now!!

Service Expert

UsualSuspect wrote:

still waiting for a reply. I already called Comcast and the agent told me to use my home phone and not the computer and to dial   *80. I did so and received a message that call screening was off. But when I checked again on the computer the number is still listed as blocked. I tried again to remove it by clicking the "x" and received the same message I received before:"Are you sure you want to delete this number from call blocking?" I clicked ok again  and nothing happened. When will I hear from Comast?? I've waited for five hours now!!

There could be a back-end issue with the VOIP server systems....   if it doesn't replicate and remove the block tonight, you should call into Comcast and register another trouble ticket...this time ask for Level 2 support though....

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

thanks Ray. I'll call them tomorrow. Much appreciated. My 88 year old neighbor thought I was mad at her and chose to block her number. i assured her I didn't and would work to correct the problem asap. Rich

Service Expert

UsualSuspect wrote:

thanks Ray. I'll call them tomorrow. Much appreciated. My 88 year old neighbor thought I was mad at her and chose to block her number. i assured her I didn't and would work to correct the problem asap. Rich

Your welcome.... and do not let the CSR off the hook until you know it is working!!!  Keep calling back until it is fixed!!!

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Hi Ray,

Just talked with another Comcast agent in the Phillipines. She gave me instructions and I could underestand heer. Here is what she told me to do:

"use home phone and dial star*60 and when you hang up the phone will ring and give you options. Using the phone press #3 to remove a blocked number and press the number on the phone you want removed. There are other options also. Just listen and choose to do such things as add a number to your block list and press 6 to get a list of all the numbers in your blocked list. You can  remove the block of any number you want. That's all there is to it.