Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

recorded voice wont play

Valued Contributor

recorded voice wont play

I'm not sure if i'm posting in the right place. as this could be a browser issue.

today i had a voice mail and tried to play.  It  just keeped on saying "recieving" and would not go futher then that to play the message. (this was in My IE browser which has Media player for default).

I opened my firefox ,which i downloaded yesterday ,and tried it , and it worked useing the default player for firefox which was Quicktime.

could my 2 default settings be conflicting? I do have the firefox set to be my default browser. but i also have IE set to being able to still  be used. does anyone have any idea where and how i can keep both of these Browsers to work with there respective players in voicemail.  or might this be an issue with voicemail itself?
Official Employee

Re: recorded voice wont play

You may want to do the following to isolate the problem.

1)      Verify if the problem still exists – use IE/Window Media Player to access your voicemail. Wait for some time (i.e. 15 seconds) to see if it still shows “receiving”.

2)      If yes, remove Firefox/QuickTime, restart your computer, and then use IE/Window Media Player to check if you can get your voice messages.

3)      If you can, reinstall Firefox. Don’t set it as your default browser. Don’t install QuickTime. Check if IE/Window Media Player works.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon