Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

re: verification text messages

Contributor

re: verification text messages

as an example, Google will sometimes ask to verify one's Gmail account or Youtube account before allowing a certain task to be completed. to do this, they send a numeric code. this code is either sent by phone using your option of- send by 'voice' or 'text'. 

when i use my comcast phone number to receive by 'text', i never have been able to receive a text.

this also happens when Yahoo request to send a code.

does my comcast have to be set up with the phone app to work?  i thought one didn't need the app?

anybody?

thanx in advance,

alx

"i'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."
Silver Problem Solver

Re: re: verification text messages

well what are you trying to view the text on if its coming to your home phone number?

Service Expert

Re: re: verification text messages

You can send/receive Xfinity text messaging user either your computer OR the Xfinity Connect app.

If I remember correctly texts sent to your home phone number will not show up in your PHONE texts. I cannot test this right now because Xfinity text messaging for me is having issues and I cannot use it. Until my problem gets sorted out someone else should be able to confirm or debunk this.

Do you have the app installed on your phone? If not, have you checked in Xfinity Connect on your computer to see if the received texts show up there?

Finally, make sure those who are SENDING texts to your home phone number include the area code with your phone number.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon