Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

radio station on phone lines

Contributor

radio station on phone lines

We're in Roxborough near the "antenna farm". We just got Comcast phone service. We've always had a little trouble with hearing some radio stations on our phones, but now that we've switched from Verizon to Comcast, it is much, much worse.

The cordless phone we have plugged directly into the modem is ok, unless we split it there and hook up another phone line from another room, then the radio interference goes from faint to very noticeable.

The answering/fax machine on the floor above is practically useless, the radio is so loud. For instance, if someone leaves a message and then hangs up, the answering machine keeps recording because it hears the radio station.

I tried some snap-on ferrite things from Radio Shack, but they don't help at all.

Any suggestions?

Cable Expert

Re: radio station on phone lines

Here's the place that can get you the right filter  http://www.sandman.com/rf.html  Mike can supply you the right filter to get your interference cleared up.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Thanks!

Contributor

I found out the identity of the radio station, in case anyone is interested. It is WNWR 1540 AM:

http://tunein.com/radio/WNWR-1540-s21597/ .