New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

"garbled" sound on phone

ANSWERED
New Poster

"garbled" sound on phone

As of yesterday, our 3 phones have been unusable in that it is essentially impossible to understand what the calling party is saying. We do not believe it is a phone malfunction since all three extensions are exhibiting the same trouble. Can we have our line checked somehow? Is there a "re-synch" process that we can try? Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Re: "garbled" sound on phone

No one on this Community Forum can check the eMTA telephony modem.

First reset the eMTA by pressing the indented reset button on the eMTA's panel where the cable attach. You will need a toothpick or some poker to press the button.

If that doesn't help, then please contact Comcast support to do a health check on your eMTA and they will decide if a tech needs to come out or not.

View answer in context
Cable Expert

Re: "garbled" sound on phone

No one on this Community Forum can check the eMTA telephony modem.

First reset the eMTA by pressing the indented reset button on the eMTA's panel where the cable attach. You will need a toothpick or some poker to press the button.

If that doesn't help, then please contact Comcast support to do a health check on your eMTA and they will decide if a tech needs to come out or not.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon