Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

"This line is suspended."

Valued Contributor

"This line is suspended."

Our service (television, internet and voice) was suspended for a week due to non-payment. Fair enough, but I caught up and reinstated my service when I got paid on Thursday night.

Imagine my surprise this morning when I realized that, while our TV and Internet have been up and running, our phone service hasn't. A dialed number is greeted with a recorded stern female voice: "This line is suspended. Outgoing calls are not permitted."

The past hour of my life has been spent on the phone trying to get this fixed. I won't bore anyone with the minutiae of my experience, but suffice it to say it's been excruciating. No one I've talked to seems to know what they're doing, and I'm still stuck with a non-working phone line.

Does anyone have any advice? Aside from ripping my own hair out in frustration, I mean.
Regular Visitor

Re: "This line is suspended."

It's what they call a "Soft Disconnect". It's the same as a tiny wrist slap! I just inform the comcastic bunch I can only make a "little payment" in 7 days. 1 week is about all the time they allow for past-due amounts anyways!

Contributor

Re: "This line is suspended."

Sometimes after your service is reinstated, there is a brief period of time that your voice service will remain on-hold. 

You can call the Comcast Collections Dept. to see if you have delinquent balance still present which may be the reason your voice service has not been restored.