Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

"Number is not longer in service message"

New Poster

"Number is not longer in service message"

'The number you have reached is no longer in service'....Nice message for our friends, family, dr.offices, etc to receive.......CUSTOMER SERVICE?, it has been 4 days since I chatted with a CR and they opened a  ticket to fix our phone. Today, after hearing nothing since then....and phone still will only allow other Comcast customers to call us....I called again and an hour ago that CR told me, well the ticket closed Wed as fixed??REALLY?  But they would reset the service  & would call me in 10min,  I insisted they take my cell - since most incoming calls don't work....haven't heard a peep....and I am "PAYING" for this lack of service....seriously.  

1) the lack of communication is pitiful

2) I've had Comcast phone service for over a year.....so someone messed something up somewhere....

3) I'm about to make that third call....

New Poster

Re: "Number is not longer in service message&

Hi,

I too had this problem when I moved. What was supposed to be a simple "transfer" of all Comcast services to our new home became an unbelievable ordeal of trying to have the phone issues resolved.  This all started on 6/18/2011 & was not resolved until 6 months later. We could not call out, people were told # not in service ect. We were issued phone #'s that did not ring in, & no one could reach us.

The good news is that when the phone issues were resolved, I kept the name & number of the Comcast associate that was able to help me with that & future issues as they occurred. Hope he is still with Comcast & will be able to help you as well.

The number is:  ***-***-***.  This rang in to Denver,CO.  His name was Chris, but Keenan was also able to help.  It was literally less than 1/2 hour & everything was up & running.  Hope this helps you out.

Warm Regards,

wildfire9884

New Poster

Thank you for the info!  That will probably be my next try.  Worst part...we have had the comcast phone service for over a year when this all of a sudden started  - on a good note....no telemarketing calls in 5 days (silver lining)....LOL!

Regular Visitor

Any luck with a solution? I'm having the same problem and Comcast is useless.