Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

"No line" on phone; no internet

Frequent Visitor

"No line" on phone; no internet

I was having a lot of problems with my phone. I had no dial tone and sometimes I could hear the person on the other end but they could not hear me. I had to rest the modem several times a day.  I called tech support and they told me to take it to my local Comcast office and have them check the modem.  When I took it in, I was told they have no way of checking it; so they gave me a new one.  Now, I have NO PHONE AND NO INTERNET.  The battery light, and the Tel 1 light on the modem do not light, and the link light flashes.  All other lights are solid. The phone states "No line" and I do not get a dial tone.  I called tech support again  and they said they have to send someone out to check it.  I had phone service before (although I had to keep resetting the modem) and I had no problem with the internet before.  Any suggestions? 

My operating system is Vista, and I used Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox.

Cable Expert

Re: "No line" on phone; no internet

In most area's a tech needs to come out to swap a eMTA telephony modem, it is normally not a do it yourself project.

When you brought home the new unit, you would still have to contact Comcast to get the new unit provisioned, it would not be a "plug in and go" installation.

Contact Comcast support and tell them what has happened and see if they can get the new eMTA provisioned.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Re: "No line" on phone; no internet

Where I live they apparently have no problem with sending the customer a new eMTA (or swapping it at the local Comcast office)...they did with me.

However, yes, it needs to be provisioned to your line, which would necessitate a call to Comcast Support, you can't just plug it in and expect it to work.

When you call in, they will ask for the cmac that is on the label on the bottom of your eMTA.