New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

question about Nomorobo and XfinityComcast

Posted by
Contributor

Message 1 of 2

So I've used up my allowed 25 phone number blocks with Xfinity and I'm looking forward to starting with Nomorobo. My question is, how do I know which numbers I can remove from my personal block list? More to the point, how can I "ask" Nomorobo whether it blocks a certain phone number, so I can remove it from my personal block list?

Can I assume it will be clear from my call record which calls Nomorobo actually blocks? Those that are blocked by my personal list are shwon as having a connect time of zero seconds when they try to call.

1 REPLY
Posted by
Contributor

Message 2 of 2

Well, I asked this question to Nomorobo support, and they said that the only way to see if a number is blocked is to ask them. They said, sure, just tell us which numbers you're interested in! I suspect they won't want to check on 25 numbers for me, but I'll send them a few of the worst.

I have to assume that Nomorobo is keeping their block list semi-private, so spammers can't easily check to see if they are blocked. Though it wouldn't be hard for them to figure it out, in any case. Seems to me that Nomorobo should offer an online number-check tool.