Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

powerline phone jacks

Regular Visitor

powerline phone jacks

Anyone backfeeding house phone wiring to Xfinity voice using powerline phone jack extension? Cable and phone do not exist in the same location.

Service Expert

Re: powerline phone jacks

geezer130 wrote:

Anyone backfeeding house phone wiring to Xfinity voice using powerline phone jack extension? Cable and phone do not exist in the same location.

What is the manuf and model # of the product you are thinking about using?   Can you describe how will you be connecting this?

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Intend to use RCA940 wireless phone jacks. House phone wiring plugged into 'base jack' unit (disconnecting from NIC box). Phone cord connected from 'extension jack' to VoIP port on Xfinity voice modem(T1 which is activated and works with cordless phone base unit). Cable and phone are 20 feet apart.

Service Expert

geezer130 wrote:

Intend to use RCA940 wireless phone jacks. House phone wiring plugged into 'base jack' unit (disconnecting from NIC box). Phone cord connected from 'extension jack' to VoIP port on Xfinity voice modem(T1 which is activated and works with cordless phone base unit). Cable and phone are 20 feet apart.

Sorry for the delay in replying, but I found the User Guide here:  http://www.rcaaudiovideo.com/docs/common/RC940/RC940_OM.pdf

Per the user guide, you would need to install the Base unit into the TEL 1 jack of your modem/gateway but when doing this, you may need to add a 2-to-1 phone splitter if you still desire to have the cordless base unit at the modem's location.

From the Remote box, plug phone line into it and your house wiring.  Providing there are no breaks or wiring problems, this should backfeed your residential phone jacks.

Bear in mind that this is wireless and that many items in the home can degrade this signal and/or cause issues.  See this link for an explanation on how things on the home can degrade wireless performance:  http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/10-ways-you-might-be-killing-your-home-wi-fi-signal

Post back with an update when you've completed your task!  Other Users may find this very informative and helpful!

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon