Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

phone

New Poster

phone

my phone has dial tone, when i dial out a number it gives fast busy - when i call into my number it goes straight to voice mail and does not ring...once it came on the tv screen with the call and number but phone didnt ring

Cable Expert

Re: phone

Start by resetting the eMTA telephony modem, there is a small recessed button on the back panel where the cables attach.  Give it a push for a few seconds.  If that does not help, then contact Comcast support and they will need to troubleshoot the eMTA and it's signals, and send a tech if necessary.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Re: phone

Hi Lisa. Have you had any chance resolving this issue? I am experiencing the same (busy tone on outgoings & voicemail redirection on incomings), with modem reset only fixing the problem momentarilly (problems start againt randomly later). See my thread:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Voice-Service-and-Equipment/busy-tone-on-calls-out-east-tn/td-p/1714913

And also:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Voice-Service-and-Equipment/Re-busy-tone-on-calls-out-east-tn/td-p/1715...

Please let me know if you find a permanent solution.