Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

phone will not ring goes right to voice mail

Frequent Visitor

phone will not ring goes right to voice mail

My new phone service with comcast which was switched today. The phone will not ring goes right to voice mail. I went to settings for phone/voice and set it again at 4 rings and it saved. Still no joy. Plus my user ID is not working on my TV when I get a call. I set that up also supposed to be working. Not working. Any ideas besides calling customer service?

Service Expert

Re: phone will not ring goes right to voice mail

dteer wrote:

My new phone service with comcast which was switched today. The phone will not ring goes right to voice mail. I went to settings for phone/voice and set it again at 4 rings and it saved. Still no joy. Plus my user ID is not working on my TV when I get a call. I set that up also supposed to be working. Not working. Any ideas besides calling customer service?

It can take from 48 to 72 hours before all features of caller services are correctly provisioned.....  and yes, if it doesn't work out for you you will need to call into Comcast and have them take a look at your account to ensure it was coded correctly... especially if you recently signed up "bundled" services....

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I signed up and had a "bundled package installed on Thursday Jan 29, the phone worked when the tech was here.  Two hours later-nothing.  Was given the royal run around from comcast- still not working. They promised a service person to come to my house-still nothing.  Very frustrated.  Ready to turn in all comcast equip! Did your phone service ever get resolved?

Frequent Visitor

Hey I signed on live chat and she had to activate my service. It's working now. Now I got to do a greeting and all that. Got to find out how to get to that prompt.
I also got my caller id working on TV.
I am missing channels I was promised but talked to them still cost me more money than promised. I also do not have anything near 105 Mbps for internet speed in fact slowe that the frontier I had former ATT uverse.
Anyway I'll get the bugs out I'm sure. I dislike having to spend so much time on stuff like this which should be strait forward. But thanks everyone good luck peace!
New Poster

I've got the same problem, except I have been hooked up for weeks and just lost service again.  Took several days to get phone working the first time. 

New Poster

I have been a loyal Comcast customer for 10+ years now and have enjoyed the convenience of "bundled package” services. However in late November (seemingly out of nowhere), I started experiencing problems with the digital phone service (no dial tone and phone doesn’t ring). In the past few months, I’ve unplugged the modem and restarted it so many times that I’ve actually lost count; I’ve walked through numerous tech support sessions with attempts to “re-charge” or re-boot the modem to fix the problem (which does fixes the problem, but ONLY TEMPORARILY); and I’ve taken off work for two service visits and both ending in the same results: phone worked fine when the tech was here but then an hour later – nothing. I am very frustrated that this matter has not been resolved yet and extremely disappointed that Comcast has lost its expertise and knowledge base in the technology field that is competent to troubleshoot and restore their equipment. And for the first time in a decade, I feel that I’ve been given the royal run around from Comcast. I’m now ready to turn in all comcast equip!  

Service Expert

Komei245 wrote:

I have been a loyal Comcast customer for 10+ years now and have enjoyed the convenience of "bundled package” services. However in late November (seemingly out of nowhere), I started experiencing problems with the digital phone service (no dial tone and phone doesn’t ring). In the past few months, I’ve unplugged the modem and restarted it so many times that I’ve actually lost count; I’ve walked through numerous tech support sessions with attempts to “re-charge” or re-boot the modem to fix the problem (which does fixes the problem, but ONLY TEMPORARILY); and I’ve taken off work for two service visits and both ending in the same results: phone worked fine when the tech was here but then an hour later – nothing. I am very frustrated that this matter has not been resolved yet and extremely disappointed that Comcast has lost its expertise and knowledge base in the technology field that is competent to troubleshoot and restore their equipment. And for the first time in a decade, I feel that I’ve been given the royal run around from Comcast. I’m now ready to turn in all comcast equip!  

I truly feel your pain.... I have been in your shoes and can only offer this.  At some point, you may want to :  Send an email to:

we_can_help@comcast.com

Include all of your information, full name, service address, phone numbers where you can be reached easily, as well as the phone number associated with your account, your account number, and details about all the issues you have been having. Also include a link to this post.

Good luck!!!

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

All working! Cool thanks!