Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

phone service

New Poster

phone service

I changed my phone service to Comcast 12/26/15.  I checked yesterday to see if all was properly set as it seemed like I still had AT &T.  I was told by your Comcast Rep to call AT&T and tell them to disconnect me as I had changed to Comcast.  I did that and now I have no dial tone.  I also had requested that my number be transfered.  Has any of this happened? It has been a month of paying for the phone in my triple package and it appear that I have no phone service.

Regular Visitor

Re: phone service

Cannot tell you about the lack of dial tone. But I do know you should not have disconnected ATT before Comcast complete the phone number "porting". Your old number is now gone when you disconnected the ATT service. I had to struggle quite a bit to get my phone ported for my Tripleplay package too (also purchased in December). People on the phone could not do it. It turned out my original porting request was "cancelled" for some reason. I had to go to the local service station to re-initiate the porting request (which required the most experienced tech to do it on site). Going to the physical location was suggested by a tech who made a service call to our house since he himself admitted that people on the phone probably cannot fix it.

At any rate, since your ATT service has been disconnected, that old number attached to it cannot be ported anymore. Sorry.

New Poster

Re: phone service

Thank you.  I will head to the Comcast store!  I wish that I would have received accurate info from the online tech.