Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

phone service

Frequent Visitor

phone service

I have phone in Florida on a seasonal hold since April. I am paying for the modem each month to keep the line. Todate, I have not had phone service on that line. The operator tells me that this number is not in service and has been disconnected.. I do not understand why this is happening. I have called Comcast as recently as yesterday , and was connected to Customer Solutions Dept. While on the line with the gentleman, he corrected that problem. When I finished my call with him, I did try the Florida number, and the call went thru to my answering machine. This morning, I tried again, and the operator told me it is not a working number, again. Meanwhile I will be billed for a modem for the month of September. Please help.
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: phone service

If the service is on seasonal hold....Would it not be unusable for that period of time?

Frequent Visitor

I get that it is a hold. But, then why am paying for a modem that is not usable. I have DONE THIS EXACT SAME THING for 20 years now, and have always had people come into my home and find the phone in working order. Only local calls can be made, The reason for the phone on hold is so that the alarm system can call the 911 number in the event it is needed. That was hat I was told.
Service Expert

petecuicci35 wrote:
I get that it is a hold. But, then why am paying for a modem that is not usable. I have DONE THIS EXACT SAME THING for 20 years now, and have always had people come into my home and find the phone in working order. Only local calls can be made, The reason for the phone on hold is so that the alarm system can call the 911 number in the event it is needed. That was hat I was told.

You are renting the modem....  if your alarm system is activated and using the modem to dial out, that is the explanation....   sounds like something went wrong with the seasonal activation this time....

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I am aware that the rental of the modem is what I am paying for. I also pay fees for 911 and whatever other menial charges there are. But the phone cannot be activated----- according to the operator it is disconnected or not in working order. Yet when I was on the phone with Customer Solutions on Thursday, the gentleman did something from his end and the phone, he said was activated. I checked and the phone did in fact connect to my answering machine. The next day it went right back to being "disconnected or not in service""""""""""""" I guess I'll be spending another few hours waiting to speak to this or that person at Comcast.......... Thank you for your reply, tho.