New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

phone service

ANSWERED
New Poster

phone service

This phone connection has the worst static and call dropping I have experienced!!

Accepted Solution

Re: phone service

Static is usually caused by the inside phone wiring, jacks and connections in the home.

To confirm that, take a good wired phone and connect directly to the L1/L2 jack on the eMTA telephony modem.  Disconnect the telephone cord connected betweeen the eMTA and the wall jack.  Give it a good test.

You should find the static is gone.  You need a good low voltage contractor to go over every jack & splice in the home, and also inspect the inside wiring.  Because your inside phone wiring is owned by the homeowner just like your plumbing & electrical, you will be charged for repairs unless you have the monthly wiring maintenance on your account.

Static can also be interference on cordless phones between the base and some wi-fi routers.

View answer in context
Cable Expert

Static is usually caused by the inside phone wiring, jacks and connections in the home.

To confirm that, take a good wired phone and connect directly to the L1/L2 jack on the eMTA telephony modem.  Disconnect the telephone cord connected betweeen the eMTA and the wall jack.  Give it a good test.

You should find the static is gone.  You need a good low voltage contractor to go over every jack & splice in the home, and also inspect the inside wiring.  Because your inside phone wiring is owned by the homeowner just like your plumbing & electrical, you will be charged for repairs unless you have the monthly wiring maintenance on your account.

Static can also be interference on cordless phones between the base and some wi-fi routers.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Thank You, for taking the time to reply. I will do what you suggested. Thanks again.