Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

phone service

New Poster

phone service

I have complained several times about my service. Someone has come out, and still the problem has not

been resolved.

The phone cuts off and on all times of the day, sometimes a call will go stright to voice mail, without the phone ringing. At times I cannot get a dial tone.

I must keep my cell phone on all day just in cast the phone cuts off.

I am really getting fed up with this situation, and may very well consider another provider if this continues.

This problem has been going on since May 26, 2012.

I would like to know what if anything can be done about this problem, and when can it be resolved?

Cable Expert

Re: phone service

First you need to determine if it's on Comcast's side or your side.

Plug in a known good wired phone directly to the L1/L2 jack and give it a good test.  That will help determine if it's you inside phone wiring, jacks or the phone equipment.  Interference from the Wi-Fi on the router also is a large issue interfering with cordless phones, that's why it needs to be tested with a wired phone.

Comcast support also has tools available to see the eMTA's status, signal and how many times it drops off.  They can determine what the eMTA's doing and if a tech needs to come out for a signal issue or if the eMTA needs to be replacing.

Start first by resetting the eMTA's indented reset button and test it with a wired phone.  If it continues, then another call to Comcast support is in order.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon