Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

phone service portion of Triple Play not working

New Poster

phone service portion of Triple Play not working

We have Triple Play bundle & the phone service portion is not working. What has happened & when will it be fixed? 

New Poster

Re: phone service portion of Triple Play not worki

new service not functioning yet

New Poster

Suddenly no dial tone, cannot make or receive calls.

New Poster

Ours is not working either..it has been out all day today and yest.  And now that I think of it, we had not received any calls on thursday either.  I keep calling comcast on my cell to report it, and they keep telling me there is a reported issue in my area..but the estimated times always expire, I get no call that service has been restored and If I call again the time to restored service has been bumped up 4 hrs.  Getting really tired of this Comcast..and you bet I'll be asking for a credit to my service.

Regular Contributor

If your service has not worked yet, you will need to call Comcast and activate your modem in order for it to work. You should make sure that the power and coaxial cables are securely connected to the modem and a modem reboot might also help.  If these steps do not work, you should plug a phone directly into the phone jack on the back of the modem to see if there is a problem with your house's phone wiring.

If you are porting your number from another company, your phone will probably not be able to receive calls for a few days.  You should give Comcast a call if these steps do not work becasue they can run a health check on your service.

New Poster

I have called comcast..as well as checked online..there is some kind of an "outage" reported..I've unplugged the router and modem..removed the battery..let it sit for 10 mins and replugged everything back in.  Still no good. I have had the triple play package for over a year now..this is not a new install.

And it figures too..I'm off from Friday to tues..was getting ready to make a service call and schedule a tech..but because of the "outage" I can't.  Forget about scheduling during the week because neither my husband nor myself can get calls at work..so every scheduled appt in the past has ended up in cancellations because , even tho we call on our breaks to confirm the appt., they still call an hour before and we cant get the call..bam..appt cancelled. Totally fed up. Wish they would read these forums.

New Poster

We have triple play and our phone service is not working.  How do I get this fixed?

Regular Visitor

Wait....ya'll got modems?  They never sent mine. Still waiting for 2 months now!  I've called and complained for weeks....Still  NOTHING.

New Poster

I have the Triple play and mine was working fine until I put in a request to have my service transferred. During the two weeks since I put in the request I can count the number of days I have had phone service on one hand. I have been on my cell phone for numerous hours with Comcast and have lost count of the number of people I have talked to about this issue. I finally talked to someone in Billing that told me it was a glitch in the computer concerning the transfer. The problem was fixed so I thought and then the same problem happens once again within 2 days. Once again numerous hours and numerous people and telling them what needed to be done. Finally someone put in the request and guess what day I am suppose to get my phone service back, THE DAY I AM MOVING!! I am so tired of speaking to people on the phone that I can't understand and that are only going by a script that they have in front of them. If you deviate from the script they are lost.