Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

phone service clicks on and off during calls

New Poster

phone service clicks on and off during calls

Does anyone know what to do when phone calls click on and off on my end only.  I miss half of the conversation and sometimes it kicks off all together.  I have to call back to finish my call.  I am throughly frustrated.  Comcast has been here so often I feel like I should invite them for Christmas dinner!  Each time they tell me it is fixed and the issue continues.  I am now talking with the corporate office but no solution yet.  Help!!!

New Poster

Re: phone service clicks on and off during calls

I'm having the same problems in addition static, distortion and it goes dead. Just can't get it fixed

New Poster

I'm having the problem and clicking sound
Service Expert

Peabody4753, legalmeans, Thickmadame1:

As a first step, try rebooting the device by pulling the power cord from the outlet and let it sit for 10 seconds.  Plug the power cord back in.  In 3-5 minutes, the device will reinitialize and all lights will be lit solid.  Try your service at that point to see if it is fixed.

If problem still exists, call into Comcast and speak with a CSR about your non-working services.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon