New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

phone number blocking - how many?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 1 of 7

Does anyone know if there is a limit on how many phone numbers you are allowed to block with Xfinity? Google Voice has no limits, and it is wonderful.

6 REPLIES
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 2 of 7

According to the information located at https://www.xfinity.com/support/phone/call-screening/ there can be a maximum of 25 individual phone numbers blocked at one time on your Voice service.

Maybe you will find this helpful, I happen to use it as my preferred way of blocking the majority of the robo and telemarketing calls so that I don't have to really manually attempt to block individucal numbers.  Information on how to use the nomorobo service with your Voice service can be found at https://www.xfinity.com/support/phone/nomorobo/

Hope this helps you out.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 3 of 7

Thank you. Yes, I thought I remembered the number 25.

I have not yet set up the nomorobo, but intend to do so. How does it recognize robo and telemarketing calls? Is there some bad-guy list? How successful is it really? You must have decided that it is, if that's your preferred method.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 4 of 7

clarkr wrote:

Thank you. Yes, I thought I remembered the number 25.

I have not yet set up the nomorobo, but intend to do so. How does it recognize robo and telemarketing calls? Is there some bad-guy list? How successful is it really? You must have decided that it is, if that's your preferred method.

See the information at NoMoRobo's website:  www.nomorobo.com

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 5 of 7

OK, the answer seems to be "Nomorobo utilizes a MASSIVE database of known, illegal robocallers, that we've compiled with the help of the FTC, user reports, and our own honey traps." So it's a bad-guy list.

In your Xfinity call logs, is it clear which calls have actually been denied by Nomorobo? That is, does one have evidence about how effective Nomorobo has actually been? In particular if a call is denied does one know if Nonorobo did it or your own custom denial list did it? That is, I have a dozen phone numbers in my custom denial list. Once I start Nomorobo, how do I know if I can erase them from my custom denial list?

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 6 of 7
The call logs won't be able to show which source the blocking took place from. Just from my own personal experience, after I set nomorobo up on my account I deleted the handful of numbers I had individually blocked. Only one of those numbers made it through the nomorobo system and I put it back in the individual list. True it was a little more work to do it that way and I did have the hassle of one robo call bothering me but it was a brief inconvenience and in the long run saved me a lot of work.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 7 of 7

OK, that makes sense. Thank you. Sounds like after installation of Nomorobo, a little iteration is in order. I'm looking forward to using it.