online now

discussions

phone not working

New Poster

phone not working

why isnt my phone working ,its got a busy signal only ,just happened

New Poster

Re: phone not working

Phone not working, I'm only getting a busy signal. Just happened and service is not disconnected.

New Poster

I am getting the same thing and have been all day today. I cannot even get a call out to comcast and their on-line rep has no idea what the problem is. I have even tried restting my modem and cable boxes and nothing is helping. however, my internet and cable service is working fine.

New Poster

Hi! just saw your post. Sounds like we have the same type of problem. Are you in GA? I can't get through to Comcast on the phone due to heavy call volume.

New Poster

Okay, so I'm not alone! My internet is working but it seems slow.

New Poster

same here my phone gives me a busy sound when I dial any number. I need it to work i have a important phone call to take in a hour.

New Poster

I just used my neighbors phone to call comcast and my neighbor also works for comcast. there is a known issue and they are working on it to resolve it. Comcast is supposedly upgrading all of their phone lines.

New Poster

Nashville here

New Poster

yes, I live in Dunwoody, Ga

New Poster

Ok I'm in GA & this just happened to me also, phone has been working fine up until now.  And what makes it worse it I was working from home, so now I can't take any more calls & going to miss hours I can't make up.

New Poster

Yes, according to my neighbor who works for Comcast, Comcast is upgrading telephone lines and knows about the issue and is working to resolve it. I feel ya, I am in college on-line and I to am put behind when the cable, phone and internet go down. 

New Poster

Thanks for giving us that bit of information but if there is a known issue then why didn't they post a message announcing the outage. It would be good customer service.

New Poster

They told me it was a national outage... Wonder what else they will say

New Poster

I'm in Ga too.  No phone.  Smiley Sad

New Poster

I agree they could have gotten the word out though tv like they do those monthly alerts.

Problem Solver

This issue should be resolved, please let us know if your still having problems.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Still happening here. It happens about every other day here. This is the worse phone service ever. Comcast should pay us to use it.

Problem Solver

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
New Poster

my phone hasn't been working since yesterday.  i thought it might be me but now i see it's a larger issue.  however, i'm not in georgia...i'm in jersey...HELP

Problem Solver

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
New Poster

I am having the same issue.  I get a busy signal for a majority of the evening; and last night there wasn't a dial tone/busy signal. Only a dead line.  The internet connection stops working at the same time as the phone.  Is this an issue that can be easily fixed? 

New Poster

phone still not working... what's up??   i was inf ormed it would be fixed by now!!!!  36+++ hrs.

Contributor

I'm in GA and mine hasn't worked in over a week.  However, it will work if plugged directly in the ETMA.  Funny part - rep knew nothing about it. 

Problem Solver

All,

If you are still having this issue please send me a PM(Private message with your Comcast account number)

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
Regular Visitor

In PA Brother just called from cell said his comcast phone has not worked all week either. He called comcast also, got no help...

Regular Visitor

I just got on here to look to see if I could find help for him! Is there aplace to go to find some support he is a senior with many medical problems.

Help please

Mary Ann