Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

phone no work after install new wireless router

New Poster

phone no work after install new wireless router

I can't figure out why my Uniden cordless phone system in the house is no longer working after I hooked up a new Netgear Dual Band Wireless router and repeater. Our phone has been fine with our old wifi.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: phone no work after install new wireless route

well you did not touch the comcast emta modem correct?    in order to get the new wireless router to work you would have had to unplug the cable from the computer to the modem then plug it back in.   then you run a wire from the modem to the new wireless router.   What exactly did you do when you got the new wireless?   did you reset the modem after you did this?

New Poster

I followed the instructions with hooking up the new router, unplugged comcast box and everything, plugged in phone and router and then turned everythign back on.

Silver Problem Solver

You should have the cable wire from comcast going from the wall into the comcast modem.  you also should have a phone line from the comcast modem to the phone jack.   You should then have a network cable running from one of the ports of the modem to your new wireless router. 

Is that how your service is now hooked up?