Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

phone no service

Contributor

phone no service

We  lost  electric power last night  and  phone was dead,   is'nt the phone supposed to worki with the backup battery?

Wehad no access to phone kind of worrissome when you live alone.    guess i should havej  kept  landline

thank for any informat

Allen

Connection Expert
Moved:

Re: phone no service

ATTENTION 

Service Expert

allen6 wrote:

We  lost  electric power last night  and  phone was dead,   is'nt the phone supposed to worki with the backup battery?

Wehad no access to phone kind of worrissome when you live alone.    guess i should havej  kept  landline

thank for any informat

Allen

Does your gateway actually have a battery in it?

Is the battery dead?  ( log into Admin and view battery condition ).

Comcast no longer supplies batteries with gateways.... you can purchase one through them or better yet, go to AMAZON and save some $$$ that way.

Good Luck!
-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I'm experiencing the same problem. I'm new to comcast phone & internet. We've only had for 2 weeks and not even got my first bill yet.  It's been out since Wednesday. My husband called Thursday to report it. Thankfully we had a tech already scheduled to come back out this Saturday b/c they forgot to hook our home security alarm up to it when they first installed. The lady w/ comcast said the tech should be able to find out what the problem is and fix it. In the meanwhile, I"ll be 4 days without phone and internet. I hope this isn't a trend because that is why I left my last provider. 

Service Expert

alkim205 wrote:

I'm experiencing the same problem. I'm new to comcast phone & internet. We've only had for 2 weeks and not even got my first bill yet.  It's been out since Wednesday. My husband called Thursday to report it. Thankfully we had a tech already scheduled to come back out this Saturday b/c they forgot to hook our home security alarm up to it when they first installed. The lady w/ comcast said the tech should be able to find out what the problem is and fix it. In the meanwhile, I"ll be 4 days without phone and internet. I hope this isn't a trend because that is why I left my last provider. 

You should be very thankful you also do not have the X1 package as there has been nationwide outages since Halloween....

Count your blessings.... it could be worse!!!!

Good Luck!
-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Thanks for the reply,  yes the gateway has a battery,  cost $50 and you get the please of installing yourself. The signal light for the battery was and is on,  but as soon as the power went so did the phone

Allen