Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

phone modem

Frequent Visitor

phone modem

Everyday my phone mode will stop working. All the lights flash except tel 1 which stays solid. After but 20 minutes everything starts working fine again. The has been going on for about 3 weeks. Comcast has come out twice and replaced the modems. I have asked if it could be my house wiring but they dot answer the question. Supposedly IT is working on the issue,but hen I call for information I get told they will call me back in a few hours, but they never call back. Any suggestions on where to call or what to do. The phone lines are important to me because I have a help line connected and when the phon go out I no longer have the service.luckily I haven't had to use the help line.

Cable Expert

Re: phone modem

Sorry to hear about your issues with Comcast. Since you've already had technicians out w/o a resolution, I let a Comcast employee from the corporate office know about your issues and have requested that they reach out to you. If you don't hear from anyone soon, let me know.

Also, you should get a $20 credit for each visit after the first visit for the same issue. You can also ask for a credit for the time you called in until your issue is resolved

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

thank you for notifying them and thanks for the credit info. I'll let you know if I ever hear from them

Frequent Visitor

I did receive the $20 credit

Frequent Visitor

I did receive a letter to get the $20 credit. I have never heard back from them about the problems I had with my phone. I believe it is resolved because I haven't had any issues the last 3 days. I don't know if the problem moved to a time when I'm asleep or it has been resolved.

New Poster

Was there ever a resolution to this issue?  I have had the same problem for months. tech replaced modem, multiple chats with customer service.  Still happens - phone slowly loses connection, goes dead and eventually router reboots.