Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

phone jacks

New Poster

phone jacks

I have my phone connected to a phone jack in my basement.  None of the other jacks work in my house.  Can a phone jack be added in another place in my house without moving my computer?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: phone jacks

Do you mean can you have one of the other jacks activate in your home for comcast voice and leave the modem where it is?  I dont believe comcast installs phone jacks themselves though.

Cable Expert

Re: phone jacks

maguirehouse wrote:

I have my phone connected to a phone jack in my basement.  None of the other jacks work in my house.  Can a phone jack be added in another place in my house without moving my computer?

Sure, you can have as many phones as you need. Typically when the tech does an install, he would disconnect any unused phone jacks to avoid wiring problems. If you already have a phone jack and just want it activated Comcast can easily do that for you. They can also install a new phone jack for you for around $40 (provided they don't have to do any custome wall fishing). If you don't want to bother with all that, just buy a wireless phone that has multiple wireless handsets. You would just plug in the base station -- the other handsets don't need a phone jack.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon