members

online now

discussions

phone is cutting in and out

SOLVED
Posted by
Contributor

Message 51 of 100

sorry - I posted before I read your complete response...Please ignore...

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 52 of 100

See my reply above because I edited it to answer your question.

*edit to add: I was composing this and did not see your "ignore" post. Even if I had seen it I would have posted this.

I will also add this:

Those who are designated as experts have the ability to remove posts which violate the posting guidelines, split posts to form a new topic, move misplaced posts to the appropriate forum, close topics or open them back up.

We spend a lot of time protecting posters from themselves when they include personal information in posts, despite the warning on the main forum page  concerning posting of personal  info.  It is also in the rules (which everyone should read before making his/her first post) and on the billing page.

We do NOT have the ability to mark a post as a solution or unmark a solution post when it is not the solution. The only people who can do that is the one who started the topic or the forum adminstrator. 

We also do NOT have the ability to edit a post made by someone else.

What we do is try our best to help other customers and keep the forum running smoothly.

I hope this addresses your concerns. If you have any other questions regarding this send me a private  message.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 53 of 100

Thank you - now I know !

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 54 of 100

Same problem here, started very recently.  Can't even have a conversation on the phone it cuts out so much.  Have already unplugged base unit/rebooted modem many times, never stops.  The phone is unusable.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 55 of 100

I had very same problem - started recently when evidently they did an update on the modem. it has to be with the modemTC8305C I believe is the model.  One of the contributors in this forum fixed mine.  He (Chirag) is an engineer for comcast.  he didn't tell me what he did, but he fixed it (so far) and mine has been probem free for several days now.Perhaps you can send him a PM and ask for his help

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 56 of 100

As posted earlier, my problem was with the TC8305C Modem/Router.  Chirag (now in red) seems to have the solution. He did something to my Modem/Router yesterday and the phone has not been cutting in and out for an entire day now.  This is the longest it has gone without a problem.  I would assume that Comcast knows about this solution and anyone with the problem should be able to get it fixed.  Will keep you posted it the problem returns.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 57 of 100

My phone has been problem free for several days now and my internet - which was also cutting in and out - was fine until yesterday.  It has started cutting in and out again - does it several times a day and the only thing that helps is to powercycle the modem.

Good news for you - hope it stays "fixed"....

Posted by
New Poster

Message 58 of 100

When I receive a call,I pick up I can hear them but they cannot hear me.I try to make a call,as soon as they answer i can hear them but they can't hear me.i have received one call today that worked.No more.It has been like this for three days.I NEED MY PHONE!!!

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 59 of 100

Chirag-K fixed mine also, mind you this was after the Comcast person in chat told me nothing was wrong with my modem!  Thanks Chirag!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 60 of 100

Chirag-K has helped a lot of us with this very problem. Mine has been problem free now for several days snce then.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 61 of 100

Hello,

I'm having the same problem the people in this discussion are having...my phone cuts out about every 5-10 seconds and is silent for about 1-2 seconds at a time.  I have reset my modem as instructed on the Comcast website.  Can you help me out?  Thanks!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 62 of 100

ComcastChirag-K (on this forum) fixed mine.  Something to do with the TC8305C modem update recently.  

If you have that modem, maybe he can help you, too. MIne has been great for several days.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 63 of 100

Thanks!  The popular "ComcastChirag-K" helped me and my phone seems to be working better now.  Hopefully it continues to work well!

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 64 of 100

The phone cutting in and out is also hapening to me. Also having drops with the WiFi. And yes, has only been relatively recently this all started. Will follow the advice around contacting Chirag and seeing what I can get.

Thanks.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 65 of 100

I have same problem about my incoming calls cutting out. Have gone through the drill of resetting my TC 8305C internet and voice modem but problem persists. Interestingly, I have on the same base phone a majic jack line which also is an internet connection where the problem does not replicate.

would Comcast official employee Chirag-K please assist me as he has others on this forum?

Posted by
New Poster

Message 66 of 100

I am also having a problem with my phone cutting in and out. What is the solution?

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 67 of 100

I don't know if ChiragK is monitoring the forum steadily. Go to his entry on the first page of this subject, where his ID is in red, and left-click on his ID. It'll take you to a private message screen and you can send him a private message, including the CM MAC info (on a sticker on the back of your modem). I did this yesterday, he did some sort of magic, and messaaged me back after a few hours. Been working fine since then! (knock on wood).

Peter

Posted by
New Poster

Message 68 of 100

Thanks, Peter.  Will do.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 69 of 100

Thanks Peter, I also wilco!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 70 of 100

hi

Did you get my IM re my Arris TG862G/CT that I sent yesterday.  Did you do anything?

***Removing MAC address from the post***

Thank you

Sheryl

Posted by
Contributor

Message 71 of 100

Hi - no I didn't get your msg you referred to.  Sorry..

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 72 of 100

Hi

I meant to send it to Chirag. He got it thru PM.  Sorry

Posted by
Contributor

Message 73 of 100

oh ok.. now it makes sense..

thx

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 74 of 100

My phone has been doing this for months and I am beyond frustrated. How was this solved besides some Comcast employee Chiang making changes without any explanation. Can someone please post the answer.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 75 of 100

chirag solved my phone and wi-fi problems and I am grateful - no more frustration!  Why not PM him and let him tell you.  I understand the root of the problem was related to a recent upgrade to the tc8305c modem

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 76 of 100

Chirag was unable to help me because I did not have an 8305 model.   If you have that you may be in luck.

I have been having a continuing problem.  i found that when static occurs or garbling if I disconnect the tel line from the back of my Arris modem  and wait and plug it back in I can get some improvement , BUT it does come back (static and cutting out words).

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 77 of 100

Chiag-K couldn't help me either since my modem is not the one having trouble. THis all started since I upgraded to the X1 platform and therfore got a new modem/router from Comcast. Internet is always going up and down and the phone is awful. I never had phone issues before this upgrade.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 78 of 100

I use TC8305c and just installed X1 - so glad everthing is working perfectly with no fallout form x1.  Hope you get your issues resolved.  .

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 79 of 100

I have spent endless hours with Comcast support folks on chat to no avail. My issue is that on calls on both my phone numbers, all phones (corded and cordless), my voice outgoing is often chopped off for 10-15 seconds.  It always returns after a time of repeating "Can you hear me now?" Very irritating trying to do business when you have to endure chopped conversation. All incoming voice seems okay. Only my outgoing is affected. This began when I received a new higher speed modem last year and continued for months. As a first attempt, they replaced my modem with a different type of modem. Still not fixed. Have had my service rebooted, resynched, tested in all manner from a remote location with no solution. There are days when it seems to function properly but on other days, not so much. I used to think it was on busy internet traffic days. I am starting a log ot times and dates and call details and the number of occurences of the dead space for outgoing voice. I have been infomred that a more techinical Comcast engineer will call me, but am not holding my breath. I might have to resort to porting my service back to a landline ILEC company if nothing happens soon.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 80 of 100

This has been going on for longer than I am aware, because when it first begain we just accepted it as a glitch.

Looks like we are going to have to get on this band-wagon too.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 81 of 100

chirag-comcast solved my problem - seems so nice not to have that issue any more.  Maybe he can help you. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 82 of 100

Hello. I spent a lot of time with a local Comcast techinician named Anastasia who went through everything on my system in detail. After the call with her, the issue mysteriously disappeared. I am happy but not exactly sure what they did to fix it. This seems to be a common complaint in all VoIP applications (Comcast, Verizon, etc.) using Docsys 3.0 technology. I am just glad it was fixed somehow.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 83 of 100

There was an issue with call quality and Technicolor TC8305C device, which is corrected at this time. There are no known issues with Arris TG862G and call quality. If you continue to have an issue, it could be something local.

-Chirag

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 84 of 100

All my phones do this too. It sounds to me much like when the person i am talking to is getting another call but they are not. They say the problem isn't aparent to them so it is just the incomeing sound and not the trasmission. Very anoying. I did just get a new modem/router from Comcast to solve a wire less conection problem. Which didn't help and i figured then it must be my equipment but now this cutting in and out started about 3 weeks after the install. I then again thought it must be my equipment as this unit is new. Seeing this thread has me changing my mind. I went over all my wireing and connections and all is good yet the cutting in and out continues. 

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 85 of 100

This is still happening and did not happen to me prior to upgrading to new X1 platform. I do not have the modem that is mentioned above but my calls still cut in and out. I have rebooted and it clears up a bit but just comes back again.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 86 of 100

The sound cuts out for about 1.5 seconds and repeats about every 20 seconds. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 87 of 100

I had the very same problem until ComcastChirag-K fixed mine and it has been perfect ever since. You may want to check with him to see if your problem can be corrected.  Good luck.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 88 of 100

I have been having this issue for a couple of months. I have tried new modems, new phones, I had a service call where he replaced a bunch of wires (that one worked for two days) I have reset the modem, all of these either didn't work at all or worked a dy or two. I don't know about all of you but I am tired of paying for service that I don't receive, especially when comcast says how important our customer satisfaction is to them.  I am not feeling very important and I would like for SOMEONE to be able to permanently fix this issue.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 89 of 100

I had the very same problem until ComcastChirag-K fixed mine and it has been perfect ever since. 0heck with him to see if your problem can be corrected..

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 90 of 100

ronday24 wrote:

I have been having this issue for a couple of months. I have tried new modems, new phones, I had a service call where he replaced a bunch of wires (that one worked for two days) I have reset the modem, all of these either didn't work at all or worked a dy or two. I don't know about all of you but I am tired of paying for service that I don't receive, especially when comcast says how important our customer satisfaction is to them.  I am not feeling very important and I would like for SOMEONE to be able to permanently fix this issue.

You should not see any issues with call quality now. If you do, please let me know!

-Chirag

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 91 of 100

I think it is amazing that one support person can fix this issue for many but the rest of us are left shaking our heads and dealing with it. I don't have the same equipment as the people Chirag has fixed but haven't had a decent call since they upgraded my service and brought me a new modem/wireless router. 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 92 of 100

padunn00 wrote:

I think it is amazing that one support person can fix this issue for many but the rest of us are left shaking our heads and dealing with it. I don't have the same equipment as the people Chirag has fixed but haven't had a decent call since they upgraded my service and brought me a new modem/wireless router. 

Yours is definitely something local. Your US BER has been fluctuating a lot. There's nothing much we could do remotely. I can try to upgrade you to an engineering release to see if that helps? Would you like to try that?

-Chirag

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 93 of 100

My phone has also been cutting in and out for the past month - I have had technicians out twice and of course the problem never materializes while they are on site. Has anyone found a permement solution I work from home and having a working phone is crucia!. My modem is an ARRIS TG862 G/CT - any guidance would be greatly appreciated! thank you!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 94 of 100

I have a new ARRIS TG862 and my intermittent problems continue.  I do not  want to waste my time with more tech visits.  I do not believe it is the wiring in the walls as there was never a problem before with ATT service, nor a problem when I first got comcast phone service.  some days it is awful and other days no problem.

Have you tried disconnnecting the tel line from the modem for 5 to 10 mins and then replugging it in.  That seemed to help me one time when it was really bad.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 95 of 100

Just a follow-up from my previous post on my service. I, too, have an ARRIS TG862 wireless gateway/router. As I said in my previous post, someone did some magic behind the scenes to fix my issue a couple of months ago. However, when I was having the issue, I could ping a website and see that it was losing outgoing packets from my end. So when Comcast tests from their end, they can't see packets originating from my end, only packets coming to my modem. My voice was not having issues with incoming, but only with outgoing. Also, if I used the "tracert" (trace route) command in system mode, I could see that the packets were getting stopped in the first leg (between my gateway and Comcast's first node). After they fixed whatever they fixed, the only difference I notice (besides no voice packet loss) is that the Online light on my gateway became solid "on" rather than sort of a fast blinking. My speeds have remained at 80 MBPS upload speed. Comcast technician told me to record specific times when the errors were occuring and report them back to them but after that, it never happened again. I wish you luck in getting somone to solve your issue. I wish Comcast and other VoIP providers would admit to whatever the problem is and fix it for everyone. But to be neutral, I have heard of similar issues with Verizon FiOS as well. Good luck.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 96 of 100

Update: Since first posting we have had Comcast come out and they replaced our modem with a Cisco DPC3939. So far, so good.

Glad I found this thread and hoping for a solution as well. I have a TC8717C model and my problems have just started since upgrading to X1 and receiving this modem. I've messaged my info to the great & powerful ComcastChirag-K in hopes of finally getting relief from this very frustrating issue. Dropped calls, people can't hear us, we have to reset daily, sounds fades in/out constantly. Thank you in advance. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 97 of 100

I would love to get some feedback on the solution for the phone cutting out and disconnecting. I have been having this issure for 3 weeks and they can not find a solution to fix the problem. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 98 of 100

I had a tech come out and he put a "filter" on my modem.  Never had another problem with the phone service.  I'm sorry I can't tell you more about the filter but maybe if you asked, they would know.  Good luck !

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 99 of 100

I wish Comcast would share their fixes with users so that similar issues for other users can be fixed more expeditiously. I have not experienced any issues with lost outgoing voice packets from my phone since their fix in February. however, recently I had been experiencing intermittent garbled voice on incoming calls, especially during workday internet busy traffic. A technician performed a test and sent a "signal" to my WIFI router (acted like a normal hard boot) and the problem seems to be cleared up for now, but the techinician did not share the fix with me.

I also discovered recently that the Xfinity WIFI interferes with cordless 2.4 GHz phones and you get a clicking noise. Too many devices in the 2.4 GHz spectrum range. I guess I'll have to purchase a DECT 6.0 or 5.0 Ghz phone.

Technological issues are getting to comlpex for my small brain.

Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 100 of 100

This is a placeholder for a post that was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines.