Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

phone has no dial tone

Regular Visitor

phone has no dial tone

phone has no dial tone. I reset modem and still the same thing. I plugged a wired phone into phone jack and still the same thing no dial tone. Please help.

New Poster

Re: phone has no dial tone

Hello

I have the same problem and I a) reset the modem, b) unplug the cordless power supply for 5 minutes and check in the incoming line with a corded phone. Still no dial tone. People can call and leave a message. I in Clinton Twp. MI. How wide spread is this problem?

Frequent Visitor

Are all the lights lit on your modem? Are there any lights flashing?

New Poster

Problem solve, Comcast reset something in the tech support office.

Frequent Visitor

ok great

Contributor

It's an issue Comcast seems to have been aware of for at least a year.  i've been getting the same problem and it is a pain  to have to reset the modem after each and every call.  At first I thought it wa because I have a multiple phone extension issue, but then I realized I didn't have the problem before I bundled phone and Internet and cable with Comcast.  So I'd be interested to see what Comcast is going to do to resolve the issue too.  There's another thread on the same topic which was started more than a year ago, and it seems nothing's actually been done (sorry, I just spent 10 minutes trying to call out from my home phone and kept getting a "line busy/no connection to base" message, which is deifnitely an issue on COmcast's end).

Regular Visitor

comcast reset something in their office and it went to working. It took 2 times but it's fine now.

New Poster

I have 2 phone lines the primary phone has gone to a steady flash on the modem. You can not call out or receive calls. Have reset modem still nothing. Please help

New Poster

i got dial tone , even after tech at comcast reset everything ..

internet , TV all fine .. 

all LEDs flashing 

New Poster

Having the same issue. No dial tone, but have internet and cable. On my cell phone with comcast tech for the 4th time today. The experience with them is the worst I have ever experienced. I have even plugged a phone directly into the modem and still no service. Then it comes on, then it goes off. off and on.. off and on.. then off again. answering the same questions with all 4 techs. do they not record information in their service management system? do they even have one? I wonder if they listen to what I have said. I explained I have done multiple resets from my side and I need them to reset their side. They keep doing the same thing over and over hoping for a different result. I will be scoring them poorly as a result of this very poor service.
New Poster

you have to get comcast agent to connect you to the telephone department. It took all afternoon and 5 agents before they would do it/ When you install a new modem your telephone number is still associated with your old modem and they have to change it. it took about 5 minutes!!

Service Expert

4 Year Old Topic Now Closed.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon