Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

phone constantly blinking

New Poster

phone constantly blinking

I have a panasonic phone.  Message on the phone screen says "voice mail msg via phone co".  If I press access I see  #P302 on the screen and get a busy signal.  The light on the top of the phone blinks constantly and the NR(noise reduction) light blinks constantly.  I have set up my own voice mail message and the phone works fine.  Is there any way to get rid of the constant blinking.  I have to cover the phone in my bedroom so it doesn't keep me awake.  Thank you for any help..  

Service Expert

Re: phone constantly blinking

northrop3626 wrote:

I have a panasonic phone.  Message on the phone screen says "voice mail msg via phone co".  If I press access I see  #P302 on the screen and get a busy signal.  The light on the top of the phone blinks constantly and the NR(noise reduction) light blinks constantly.  I have set up my own voice mail message and the phone works fine.  Is there any way to get rid of the constant blinking.  I have to cover the phone in my bedroom so it doesn't keep me awake.  Thank you for any help..  

Try this:

Call you number using another phone... leave yourself a VM on the Comcast system...   retrieve the ComcastVM and then delete it...  this should clear the "phantom" message indicator light on your Panasonic phone at that time.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Called Comcast and problem fixed in a few hours.  Don't know how or what caused the problem but relieved not to have to constantly look at the blinking light.

Service Expert

northrop3626 wrote:

Called Comcast and problem fixed in a few hours.  Don't know how or what caused the problem but relieved not to have to constantly look at the blinking light.

I can guarantee that this wil happen aain in the future... we users call it the "phantom: message indicator or the "phantom" stutter tone....

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Thanks for letting me know that the blinking light might return.  Will let you know.