Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

number porting

New Poster

number porting

Does anyone know how to talk to someone in the porting group directly. The CS reps say the "do not take calls". I'm trying to expedite my port and need to provide contact info to Comcast for i can give them account info for my existing number like account number, ect.... i need the port today or ill have to cancel and go to another company who will port right away......

Connection Expert

Re: number porting

I would call 1800comcast option 3 to change service and option 4 for All Other. That said, there may be legal restrictions on the timing of the port. But its worth a shot.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Service Expert

Re: number porting

Mention this when you talk to someone at Comcast.

http://www.fcc.gov/guides/portability-keeping-your-phone-number-when-changing-service-providers

The FCC has changed its number porting rules to shorten the porting period for “simple” ports from the current four days to one business day. The new deadline applies to all simple ports, including “intermodal” ports such as wireline to wireless, wireless to wireline, wireline or wireless to VoIP or any other combination. Simple ports generally do not involve more than one line or more complex adjustments to telephone switching equipment. Wireline, wireless and interconnected Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) providers are required to meet this new, simple port deadline, which will take effect in late summer 2010 for most carriers. Small, rural carriers have a longer period, until the beginning of 2011, to meet the new porting deadline.

simple port.PNG

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon