Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

not exceptable

New Poster

not exceptable

it is very unexceptable that the phone are down its the only pohone i have n home with a newborn all day it there happens to be an emergency while ur system is done i feel bad for you

Cable Expert

Re: not exceptable

I'm not sure who you are talking to, who is you?

To troubleshoot your Comcast Digital Voice service, first you press the indented reset button on the eMTA telephony mode, and give it 5 minutes to reset.  Unplug the cord from the L1/L2 jack on the eMTA and plug in a known good wired phone directly to the L1/L2 jack and test it.

Otherwise contact Comcast support, if you can't call, you can do a online chat to talk to a support agent and they can do a health check on your eMTA and decide on the next step to take, they might need to send out a tech.

You can do online chat here https://www.comcastsupport.com/chatentry/

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

NOT exceptable that it happens ALL the time and we pay our bills! I lost work time and my elderly mother is preparing for the Hurricane down south. SHE CANNOT REACH ME TODAY BY PHONE!

New Poster

I am in Connecticut and have had Comcast digital voice services for about 5 years.  EVERY time the power goes out, I am without phone services due to the fact that the modem must be plugged in.  Without electricity, I have no phone.  This is inherently unsafe during inclement weather as I have medical conditions, am a contact person for elderly family members, and work in a local hospital.  In case of emergency, my family, my patients, and I could be at considerable risk. 

Comcast customers pay a monthly bill, and we expect to receive quality service that is reliable and dependable.  Yesterday, 8/27/11, I received a call from the local electric company to inform me that Hurricaine Irene could potentially leave the region without electricity for "several days, possibly a week."  After receiving that call, I immediately called Comcast to inquire about their policies/procedures they have in place to deal with the impeding Hurricaine and its impact upon customers' loss of communication. 

The representative (at 1430 on 8/27), stated that there were no policies/procedures in place to deal with this situation.  She suggested, "I should call back later and see if anything may have changed." 

The suggestion that we go to Comcast's website to troubleshoot our issues is ridiculous.  If our phones aren't working because we have no power, how would we be able to access the internet?

Over the winter, I had no power and no phone for over 24 hours.  I was solely relying on my cell phone up until it died because I couldn't charge it. 

Comcast should have more responsible emergency procedures in place so we can use a phone in case of emergency.

New Poster

By the way...

I was told by Comcast that no service calls or repairs will be available for Sunday, 8/28.  The first available repairs would begin on Monday.

Connection Expert

Your Modem / EMTA should have a recchargeable battery which should keep you up for four hours.

Look inside the little door on the modem to see if the modem is missing.

If the battery is failing you can call comcast for a tech to resolve the issue.

If your area has consistent multi-hour power outages you might want to implement a UPS or Uninterruptible Power Supply.  Pretty inexpensive from Bestbuy, CompUSA etc.

I have one that cost about 75.00 that carries my Phone system, wireless router ahd Cellphone charger.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon