Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

no phone service

New Poster

no phone service

I just transferred my comcast service and I have no phone service. I plugged it into my computer and it's also connected to the back of my modem. I don't know what to do.

Cable Expert

Re: no phone service

Comcast digital phone service uses a eMTA phone adapter which has a L1/L2 jack on the back which connects to your exising phones or inside wiring in the phone.  In most area's these are Arris TM502G, 602G, 702G or 722G eMTA combination cable modem / phone adapter.

So, please confirm you have the proper eMTA phone adapter which also serves as your cable modem.  The LAN/WAN jack on the eMTA goes to your computer or router, and the L1/L2 jack goes to the phone equipment or inside wiring.  You can test the phone portion by plugging in a known good wired phone directly to the L1/L2 jack on the eMTA to test it.  There is also a indented reset button on the eMTA to reset the unit with a toothpick or end of a pencil.

You might need to contact Comcast support to confirm they have CDV on your account, and help troubleshoot it more.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon