Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

no phone service throughout the house

Regular Visitor

no phone service throughout the house

I have no phone service throughout my house through my phone lines only through my modem/router box.  Therefore I have no security service for my home for fire or break-in.  I had an appt scheduled for tomorrow morning to try to fix it and when the 'courtesy' call came for my appt. it had been rescheduled for the afternoon between 1 and 3 .  I have heard all kinds of horror stories from other people about getting their phone service working correctly and up until now I have had no problems.  Does anyone know the price or recommend Direct TV.  I will probably have to go back to Verizon for my home phone service.  If this is a way for Comcast to get us to use them for security I think it's pretty underhanded.  We will see what the cable guy can do tomorrow.  Last time he was here for hours trying to figure it out.  It was fine until I hooked up this new modem/router that came to me unrequested.  I am in the process of checking prices and getting recommendations from anyone regarding Dish TV or Direct TV if none of this works out.  Can't say I"m happy with Xfinity/Comcast at all right now.  They are VERY expensive and I have always paid my bill on time.   

Frequent Visitor

Re: no phone service throughout the house

I have no phone service either and haven't had off & on for 4-6 weeks.  Used to have internet problems but that's fixed.  The last 3 weeks all incoming calls are automatically forwarded to voice mail (I did NOT set that up).  Then this week I have no dial tone at all.  Previous to this week I would call Comcast or chat on-line and get it fixed.  This week that didn't work and they said a technician would come out on Wednesday, but he did not show up.  I have no phone service at all (except for my cell phone).  I'm considering other carriers like Verizon, AT&T or Vontage.   Terrible service from COMCAST.    

New Poster

I currently have dishnetwork for TV, Verizon for phone and Comcast for the Internet. I'm switching my phone and TV to comcast for cost savings. I am saving over $100 per month by doing so.

Dishnetwork service is good with the exception of bad weather or very windy days. Their cost is going up like everyone else as well as Verizon. If I could get anywhere near the monthly cost by keeping the services separate I would not be switching my phone or TV. I read the problems you're having with the phone service and hoping I don't have the same once I make the switch.

New Poster

I can back from vacation to find my phone service all "screwed" up..static and no lines work.  Calling comcast was ridiculous and NOT helpful at at.