Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

no phone in or out going

New Poster

no phone in or out going

I have No phone. I have comcast bundle phone, enternet, and tv. Enternet works, tv works, no phone cant even call tech support.

Regular Visitor

Re: no phone in or out going

I'm having the same problem!!!!

Regular Visitor

I am pleased to say that I found no problems with any of your devices, nor did I find any trouble in the account itself. The reason behind this service interruption is a local area outage which our technicians and engineers are working on double time to resolve. No worries, this should be done in 24 hours or less, and in any event that this reaches more than 24 hours, you will have adjustments in your next bill for the day/s with no service due to this outage. I will personally make sure of that.

Barth: Here is the Outage Id OE022001457 and the Ticket Number ND012421530 for your referenc

New Poster

I know the feeling and when I  tried to chat with them they blew me off like nothing else did not solve my problem and only added to it. Still have no dial tone and customer service is a joke.

New Poster

I haven't had phone service for two days now! Live chat would not restore my service unless I bought their service plan or had a tech come out. Just had new jack and wiring put in, and according to her test, there was no problem. Friends were getting the disconncted recording when they called.

Even though I informed her that my husband is on Lifeline, she would not restore service. If my husband has another stroke and dies, there will be a huge lawsuit!  They cut my service the day after my bill was paid...and I have never been late  paying the bill since I got their service.

I feel that a good customer like myself should not be penalized and forced into buying services that are not needed or wanted...and especially to a disabled man on Lifeline!

Frequent Visitor

cheripie,

it sounds like they were offering the Service Protection Plan. Which provides an insurance regarding your inside phone and cable wires. You can read more via this link:
http://www.comcast.com/spp/terms.html?SCRedirect=true

Also a disconnected message might involve several issues.  I don't think live chat has access to the provisioning portion of the troubleshooting. Calling the phone tech support department might be the best bet to get this issue resolved.

Good Luck,

Juan

New Poster

This is now the third day of no service in a home where there are medical issues! Now I am told to call ANOTHER section of the phone company for help.

HELLO! Call with no dialtone?

I have reported the problem, first to live chat, then to email. Why was this not sent to the proper department, instead of thrown back into the customer's lap,..... esp one that has no dial tone?   Where is this customer service that is bragged about on your commercials? Am I gonna get paid for doing all this running around for you, to get my service turned back on? Betcha I won't even get prorated rates for the days I was without service.

I'm sorry, but it would be refreshing if your company would do their jobs, and restore my service. I have my hands full caring for a brain damaged husband...I don't have the time and resources to do your job for you. I have reported the outage, all my bills are paid, and I need my service turned back on...now, before there is a medical emergency with my husband. I need to be able to get him medical help immediately. Please do something!!!!

Highlighted
Cable Expert

The Comcast Cares Team has been notified and will contact the local group to get your CDV fixed.

Watch this post and your email for updates from the team.

It is always better to start your own post instead of jumping onto someone elses on this forum to get maximum exposure.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
New Poster

Is the phone connected to the modem