Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

no incoming calls

New Poster

no incoming calls

Why are we not getting any incoming calls?

New Poster

Re: no incoming calls

i HAD TO PLUG BACK TO MY  OLD SERVICE TO GET PHONE SERVICE WHAT IS ANSWER/

Regular Visitor

A day after installation of my service I discovered that while I was getting a dial tone and could make outgoing calls, incoming calls were being cutoff before ringing.  After conversations with Comcast online we discovered that by diconnecting my home wireing and pluging a phone directly into the modem I could receive incomeing calls.

I investigated my home wireing and discovered that the installer had failed to diconnect my Verizon box from my home phone wireing.  Once I disconnected the Version line from my home phone wireing and pluged the modem back into the home phone wireing everything was all right. 

I now have both income and out goning service.  Hope this help others.

New Poster

I too have been getting no incoming calls.  Although my service until approximatley 2 weeks ago.  I can make outgoing calls but can't receive any incoming calls.  Talked to a comcast service rep who aftera couple of hours and several attempts to reset things on their end as well as on mine.  Am frustrated and about ready to drop this service.  If anyone has any ideas of how to fix this please let me know.

i have a medical condition and cannot be without a phone, am about ready to switch to a more reliable server.