New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

no dial tone on my phone

ANSWERED
New Poster

no dial tone on my phone

I connected the new modem that was sent to me by UPS, now my phone is completely disconnected, no dial tone, I have been trying to speak with someone at Comcast for more that 8 hours, all they do is transfer me and then disconnect my call, this is frustrating, no body help me, it seems that they don't know or don't care. Help please

Accepted Solution

Re: no dial tone on my phone

I had the same problem. My solution was to go  back and do the self activation. Everything is working now and I hope it stay like that. Just go to this web page and follow the instruction, and be patience.

https://activate.comcast.com/RoutingEngine/comflow.do?source=.COM&time=gs3nY9tldDwcOBpzet%2fE%2fw%3d%3d&hmac=W5Ie62o%2fAH2u4fa%2bGAe%2fbg4TEC%2bHWVpauousWPE4AY8wRecJV%2fERok%2bZH1%2fQ%2f2k3OiCiljJbk4pMJzXNrjeHzg%3d%3d

View answer in context
New Poster

I did a "self install". I finally decided to contact Comcast to try to figure something out, even though the web site said the voice looked good on their end.

I hate phone calls so I tried the live chat. I seem to be able to understand chat much better than far eastern broken English. Pretty quickly the person found that my new modem had never been set up from their end after all. It seems that when a new (or different) modem is installed the internet portion is automatic, but the phone portion must be "provisioned" or set up manually by Comcast. We had the issue done and my phone working just fine in about 20 minutes or so. She called me to make sure, and stayed on chat while I called out on the land line to ensure that all was well. This is the next day and it still works fine.

Cable Expert

To get help, your best option is to contact Comcast Corporate Customer Service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com). You can also ask for help via Twitter (@ComcastCares), Facebook or the Comcast Direct Forum.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I had the same problem. My solution was to go  back and do the self activation. Everything is working now and I hope it stay like that. Just go to this web page and follow the instruction, and be patience.

https://activate.comcast.com/RoutingEngine/comflow.do?source=.COM&time=gs3nY9tldDwcOBpzet%2fE%2fw%3d...

Regular Visitor

Yea!  This worked for me.  The Comcast fembot even called to make a test call to my phone # to make sure it worked.  Kool!