Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

no dial tone and hang ups

Contributor

no dial tone and hang ups

I have brought this up to Comcast before, but nothing has been addressed. A few times a day I dont get a dial tone. People will call me and it goes straight to VM. Also when I am talking on the phone all of a sudden it just hangs up. I still cant get phone service in my kitchen.
New Poster

Re: no dial tone and hang ups

I am have the same thing with my phone starting about 1Nov no dial tone and hang ups xfinity tech

have been to the house 2 times and nothing 

Service Expert

Parcat wrote:
I have brought this up to Comcast before, but nothing has been addressed. A few times a day I dont get a dial tone. People will call me and it goes straight to VM. Also when I am talking on the phone all of a sudden it just hangs up. I still cant get phone service in my kitchen.

Since you have an ongoing discussion in the Customer Service forum, those issues will not be discussed here.  WHen you state you have no phone service in your kitchen, if you have phone service at the modem/gateway and not in an already exsiting phone outlet in the kitchen, it would be up to you to hire a low voltage technician to troubleshoot why the phone wiring is not active in that location.   If you desire a phone outlet to be installed in the kitchen, again you would hire a low voltage tech for that as well.   Inside wiring is the repsonsibility of the home owner.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Service Expert

Norton4291 wrote:

I am have the same thing with my phone starting about 1Nov no dial tone and hang ups xfinity tech

have been to the house 2 times and nothing 

Kep calling Comcast and registering trouble tickets for your non-working sevices.  Do not accept this problem as it is fixable.  All Techs are not created equal and keep doing this until you get a Tech that understands and makes the necessary repairs!

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Im just discussing my phone issue here if you read my text closely you will see that. This issue did not exist until.it swutched over in May. I have a phone outlet in my kitchen already. After I switch to Comcast it has never worked..
When Im talkung on the phone suddenly Ill get a dial tone. But from what this rep says I need to hire someone to fix it. Ok, will do.
Contributor

I called a tech to come out and thete is NOT a problem with my wiring. So I spent 115.00 today just to find out its not a wiring issue. Geek46 told me to have a low voltage tech check it out when its a Comcast issue. Thanks Geek46. I appreciate your help. That is what is so frustrating with Comcast.
Contributor

Corporate called and a tech will be out on Tuesday. 7 months of no phone connection in my kitchen. Cant wait!!