Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

new phones...

New Poster

new phones...

Just purchased a new set of phones (Panasonic KX-TGE260 series) and I'm unable to phone out. The base station phone and the 2 satellite phones read, "Check tel line". The "access" button brings up a message: "Ask phone company for VM access #". What's up? Can you help me?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: new phones...

Have you registered the handsets with the base unit?

and plugged the base unit into the modem port?

Service Expert

logancann wrote:

Just purchased a new set of phones (Panasonic KX-TGE260 series) and I'm unable to phone out. The base station phone and the 2 satellite phones read, "Check tel line". The "access" button brings up a message: "Ask phone company for VM access #". What's up? Can you help me?

Try switching to the "other" TEL jack...sometimes the TEL2 jack is activated when common sense thinks the TEL1 jack should be the one actiavted....

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Thanks for the ideas. Not sure exactly what made the difference, but we are "up & running". Some of our phone sockets were "live" and others were not. A Comcast technician (VERY cordial & helpful) was dispatched to evaluate our home for "back system (wiring?) problems". "Brittle" (corroded? exposed?) phone wires at the entry point to the house were more thoroughly connected AND the phone line socket closest to the modem was rewired. 

New Poster

Thanks for the ideas. Not sure exactly what made the difference, but we are "up & running". Some of our phone sockets were "live" and others were not. A Comcast technician (VERY cordial & helpful) was dispatched to evaluate our home for "back system (wiring?) problems". "Brittle" (corroded? exposed?) phone wires at the entry point to the house were more thoroughly connected AND the phone line socket closest to the modem was rewired.