New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

moving phone number

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

moving phone number

I have a phone number in my house in Delaware on Verizon FIOS. The number originally was in my house in NJ with my Verizon phone service. I wanted to keep that number because I've had it for many years. Verizon said I could move it to my FIOS service even though it was in a different state. I now have moved to another location in NJ and wanted to know if I can move that number back from Delaware to my Monroe Township, NJ home even though the area code is 732 rather than 609 which is the area code in my part of Monroe Township.

Accepted Solution

Re: moving phone number

You have the right and ability to keep your number.
View answer in context
New Poster

You have the right and ability to keep your number.
Regular Visitor

Thank you for the info. I was skeptical because when I first moved from my house in NJ where my area code was 732 to the 609 area, I was told I couldn't take the number with me. Since I also have a house in Delaware with Verizon FIOS and they said I could move it there, I did that. Now I want to see the Delaware house and still keep that number. I've had it for over 35 years and it's the number everyone has, all my accounts, everything and everybody. I hate to have to change numbers. I hope this will be true when I call Comcast to see about taking that number over to Monroe Township. I really thought Comcast said I couldn't do it but that was about 3 years ago. Wish me luck. Thanks for your help.

Regular Visitor

Now I just saw this on the Comcast website. Very disappointed. "If you're moving to a location with a different area code, you will not be able to keep your home phone number."