New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

moved to Xfinity Gateway voice

ANSWERED
New Poster

moved to Xfinity Gateway voice

Before we moved to Xfinity Gateway voice, I had one phone and an extended handset.  Now with the Gateway, only the main base that is directly plugged into the gateway works.  The secondary handset which used the same phone number does not work.  How can I get the secondary hanset working?  I can't be the only person who wants a working phone in the bedroom and one in the kitchen or living room.

Accepted Solution

Re: moved to Xfinity Gateway voice

Yes then it should still work as before the main base attached to the gateway as the other phone is just a wireless extention from the base plugged in to the modem.

When you try using the other phone closer to the base unit does it work?  Check to make sure the additional phone handset is registered with the base dect 6 base unit.

View answer in context
Bronze Problem Solver

Not wireless phone right?

The connection from the modem needs to be fed to the phone lines in your house then you can use the other extensions for phones.

New Poster

how would I do that?

Both handsets are wireless by that I mean they sit in a charger and I can take them out of the charger and walk around the house with them until the batter is depleted.  Then they go back into the charger.

Bronze Problem Solver

So is it two independent wireless phones each with a base unit plugged into a wall jack instead of one wireless base and two phones attached to the same wireless base?

To feed it to the phone jacks on the wall.  The modem would have to be attached by a phone line to a wall jack and feed thru the existing lines.  Comcast would probably have to do that and not you as they need find where the jacks converge either inside the house on in a panel outside the jack and set it up to feed back to the other jacks.

Better to just use a wireless base phone with multiple handsets attached to it wirelessly.  If comcast has to come out and set it up to work thru the wall jacks it will cost as much as new wireless phone system more than likely.

New Poster

Its a Uniden DECT 6.0.  The main base is connected to the gateway on phone 1.  The main base is a llittle wider and has a button to find the handset.  The other phone has its own base but is smaller.  This second base is only used to charge the second handset. 

Does that help?

Bronze Problem Solver

Yes then it should still work as before the main base attached to the gateway as the other phone is just a wireless extention from the base plugged in to the modem.

When you try using the other phone closer to the base unit does it work?  Check to make sure the additional phone handset is registered with the base dect 6 base unit.