Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

landline phone- corded

New Poster

landline phone- corded

I have connected a phone cord to the modem and the other end into the wall, then  tried to use my corded land line phone and only will work in one place in my home i did try  all the places that you plug your phone into. Due to health issues it is vitally important that i have access to phone in other places in my home. any suggestions ( other than using a cell phone which i do not have nor can afford)

Service Expert

Re: landline phone- corded

oceanlakes6001 wrote:

I have connected a phone cord to the modem and the other end into the wall, then  tried to use my corded land line phone and only will work in one place in my home i did try  all the places that you plug your phone into. Due to health issues it is vitally important that i have access to phone in other places in my home. any suggestions ( other than using a cell phone which i do not have nor can afford)

What you are attempting to do is to "backfeed" your existing phone internal wiring from a single phone jack....  it is very likely that there is a wiring problem between the phone outlets within your residence if the backfeeding is not working.  

If you are not comfortable/knowlegeable in troubleshooting phone wiring issues, you may need to call either an electrician or a low voltage technician and have them trace out the wiring and make the necessary fixes to enable backfeeding throughout your residence.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Valued Contributor

Re: landline phone- corded

Be sure to check the telephone network interface box.  It is probably on the side of the building.  Inside it there is a phone jack which connects your house phone wiring to the phone company.  Once you use Comcast phone service, you need to unplug that jack to make sure you are not backfeeding your Comcast phone service into the phone company street wiring.