Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

internet connection iterupted

New Poster

internet connection iterupted

every time the phone rings we loose internet connection. we just had "voice" intstalled. it is only for a few seconds but then returns when we pick up the reciever

Cable Expert

Re: internet connection iterupted

I have to assume you are using cordless phones.  The frequencies on many cordless phone are the same as the wi-fi frequencies.  This is very common.  The solution is to either change the cordless channel on the cordless phone, or the channel on the wireless router.

If you choose to change the channel on the router, you would change it from auto or channel 1 to channel 6 or 11.  If you need instructions on accessing your wireless router setup, post the model of the wireless router and someone can help.  It would be in the instructions for the wireless router.

Also the farther away the wireless router is from the phone base the better.  if they are in close range, it makes the interference worse.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon