Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

internet and voice modem

New Poster

internet and voice modem

I am in the process of switching from AT&T to COmcast. I'll have comcast 25MB internet and digital voice. What is the best modem to buy (inseatd of leasing it).

Service Expert

Re: internet and voice modem

pmisra wrote:

I am in the process of switching from AT&T to COmcast. I'll have comcast 25MB internet and digital voice. What is the best modem to buy (inseatd of leasing it).

You will need to navigate to this link:  http://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com/

And you wiull find that only 2 devices are authorized for use on the Comcast network from retail purchase.

The TM722G and rthe TG862G.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

thanks, but what is the difference between TM722G and the TG862G

Service Expert

pmisra wrote:

thanks, but what is the difference between TM722G and the TG862G

TG862G is the newest model compared to the TM722G and is also the unit that Comcast supplies ( as well as the TG1682g which is NOT Retail approved ).

For more information on the TG862G, see this link from the Arris website:  http://www.arris.com/globalassets/resources/data-sheets/tg862as_ts_08jul13.pdf

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon