Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

incoming phone call connection issues

New Poster

incoming phone call connection issues

A few weeks ago, my tv service went down.  The technician discovered a faulty cable amplifier and removed it.  A few days later, a new service line was installed.  I seem to have no problem with tv or internet, but I am experiencing some phone connection issues.  Usually, it occurs when someone tries to call me.  My phone rings, I see the number on caller id, but when I answer the line clicks and goes dead.  When the party calls back, they tell me that the phone rang, but then went to a fast busy signal in their earpiece.  This is now happening at least 8-10 times per day.  Occasionally when I make a call out, the other party answers but I cannot hear them and they cannot hear me.  This is intermittent, but annoying none the less.  Is it possible that I need an amplifier reinstalled on the line, or is there some other issue causing this?

Cable Expert

Re: incoming phone call connection issues

It is doubtful that it is RF signal related.  I would look more into the inside phone wiring in the home with a short, wiring fault or corroded phone jack, bad cords or failing telephones.

To confirm where the issue is, first reset the eMTA telephony modem.  There is a small indented button  on the panel where the cables attach.  Give it a push for a few seconds, you will need a toothpick or some poker.

Then, take a known good wired telephone and connect it directly to the L1/L2 jack on the eMTA telephony modem and give it a good test for a few days.  If it is working normally, then it is a inside phone wiring issue which will need a going over.  You can try and troubleshoot it yourself, hire a local low voltage contractor, or get a Comcast tech to fix it.

If your issue still happens with the phone connected directly to the eMTA, then contact Comcast support, and they will need to send out a tech.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon