Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

how to delete voice messages left with the generic voice mail?

New Poster

how to delete voice messages left with the generic voice mail?

When we go on a trip, we turn our personal voice mail off and let it go to the generic comcast voice mail and we will be notified by email. But we cannot get rid of the message unless we go on line with Comcast Voice and find the message there. But now I cannot get to the needed page which is <script src="ms-appx-web://forums.xfinity.com/Assets/ErrorPages/ErrorPageScripts.js" type="text/javascript" language="javascript"></script> <script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">// var L_Unavailable_Title_TEXT = "Can't reach this page"; // title for when user is connected to internet var L_Disconnected_Title_TEXT = "You're not connected"; // title for when user is disconnected from internet window.onload = function () { var url = getUrl(); var urlElements = document.getElementsByClassName("webpageURL"); for (var i = 0; i < urlElements.length; i++) { urlElements[i].textContent = url; } getInfo(); goToLocalizedErrorPage(); } function getInfo() { //first check if user is connected to the internet checkConnection(); //attach an event to detect changes in network connectivity if (document.addEventListener) { addEventListener("offline", reportConnectionEvent, false); } else { attachEvent("onoffline", reportConnectionEvent); } //set events to fire document.body.ononline = reportConnectionEvent; document.body.onoffline = reportConnectionEvent; } function checkConnection() { var notConnected = document.getElementById("NotConnected"); var pageUnavailable = document.getElementById("PageUnavailable"); if (navigator.onLine) //the network connection is connected { document.title = L_Unavailable_Title_TEXT; notConnected.style.display = "none"; pageUnavailable.style.display = ""; } else // no internet { document.title = L_Disconnected_Title_TEXT; notConnected.style.display = ""; pageUnavailable.style.display = "none"; } } function reportConnectionEvent(e) { if (!e) e = window.event; if ('online' == e.type) { setTimeout ( "clickRefresh()", 1000 ); //using a setTimeout to account for any lag between us getting the connected event and the machine obtaining an IP } else if ('offline' == e.type) { checkConnection(); } else { checkConnection(); } } // </script>

So we need some help.

Service Expert

Re: how to delete voice messages left with the generic voice mail?

ontheship wrote:

When we go on a trip, we turn our personal voice mail off and let it go to the generic comcast voice mail and we will be notified by email. But we cannot get rid of the message unless we go on line with Comcast Voice and find the message there. But now I cannot get to the needed page which is 

<snipped>

So we need some help.

This must be a regional routing issue as I am using the same link in my location and it is working correctly.   Call into Comcast ( 1-800-266-2278 ) and let the CSR know that you are not being able to access your VM using the link on the webpage.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon