Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

have dial tone but no calls in can connect

New Poster

have dial tone but no calls in can connect

We have a dial tone and can make calls out...but noone can call in.  They just get a message saying the service is not in service.  Any ideas?

New Poster

Re: have dial tone but no calls in can connect

Same here no service since 5 pm yesterday.

New Poster

Same thing here since Sunday morning

Regular Visitor

Oscar55 wrote:

Same thing here since Sunday morning

Likewise: Please help!! roemon

Regular Visitor

jsebesta1comcas wrote:

We have a dial tone and can make calls out...but noone can call in.  They just get a message saying the service is not in service.  Any ideas?

Hey Guys,

I am having the same problem as above. Am I writing this to you in the right location?

Frequent Visitor

Try using the Chat feature online.  The rep was able to get my service back in about six minutes.  She had to reset the modem, which took a little action on my part, but it was very easy.

Regular Visitor

Same here. Transferring service to new home. Broadband and TV working. No internet for one week, (May 15th through May 20th, no phone in or out. BAD MODEM replaced by second field rep. Internet finally working. May 20th. Then can call out but no one can call in: "not in service". May 20th, can call out but can't call in. May 27th, can call in and call out but cannot set up voice messaging. Eight calls to tech support over two weeks. Two field reps visit.  Had to insist on speaking to Manager. Will be "fixed to-day" on three consecutive days. May 28th. Still cannot set up voice messages and mail.

After two weeks of no service Comcast tries to send PIN through USPS - 4-5 more days in the mail before I can use web mail.....????? = 21 days without service.