Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

full name & addr sent to local phone co?

Valued Contributor

full name & addr sent to local phone co?

As the subject says: does or did Comcast send my name & address to the local phone company for their listing on the white pages?

Never had the address listed but just received the 2011 Surewest directory that has my name & address.  Prior to this it was just the 1st inital & last name, then it got changed to the 1st & last name.  What happened & how can it be corrected to just have the the original 1st initial & last name & phone number listed.

I did drop down to just the "performance" instead of the "performance plus" for the tripple play.  Would the "account exec" have done the damage to my listing?  & why should it have happen?

Cable Expert

Re: full name & addr sent to local phone co?

Only the Comcast Cares Team available to this forum can give you a proper answer, so they have been notified.

They will respond sometime during the business week, watch your email and this post.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Valued Contributor

Still no response...............

Valued Contributor

Still no response ........

Think that Comcast doesn't want to admit that Comcast is aiding the telemarketers/debt collectors to track people in providing the reverse address phone lookups.  Is Comcast getting a payoff to provide the reverse address lookup phone numbers?

I keep getting phone calls from "Financial Credit" for someone who haven't lived in this apt at least for over 6 yrs; no idea how long ago the person actually lived in this apt complex.  I don't answer the phone as I use the phone's answering recordings to screen the calls.  "Financial Credit" sometimes leave a message & sometimes not.

"Financial Credit" does do a service for me tho; they let me know if Comcast's phone service is working or not as legitimate phone calls to me are very low; telemarketers do make frequent calls but they are learning that they only get the greeting from the answering machine.

Regular Visitor

Yes they did. I had an unlisted name/number with AT&T and when I switched to Comcast, my full name and address is now listed.  Yeah it sucks.

New Poster

I  recently signed up for comcast and they asked me if i wanted an unlisted  number or not , and if i did want an unlisted number it would be so much extra every month. and a listed number was free .

Regular Visitor

Listed is fine, just as long as my address is left off.  I just called the phone book number and had them change it for next tome, no problemo.