Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

forwarding calls and still getting Comcast voice mail for no answer or busy scenarios

New Poster

forwarding calls and still getting Comcast voice mail for no answer or busy scenarios

All,

Was hoping to consolidate on a single voice mail account, ie. my Comcast voice mail account.

Will receive the bulk of the calls on the Comcast phone line.

However, would like at times to forward the Comcast line to another phone number.

If that "other forwarded" phone number does not answer or is busy, is it possible to have the caller put back into the Comcast voice mail system?

Some initial testing indicates that once the call is "forwarded" it is gone from Comcast voice mail control.  The forwarded number either has to have voice mail support of some type and if not the caller will get a busy signal if the forwarded line is busy or the call just rings and rings if the forwarded number is not answerd.

With this support I could focus on a single voice mail system but have the flexibility to forward calls, etc. and when the forwarded number is not answering/busy the caller is "pulled back" into the Comcast voice mail system.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Martin

Official Employee

Re: forwarding calls and still getting Comcast voice mail for no answer or busy scenarios

This function is currently not supported for Comcast residential users. If you are a Comcast Business user and live in Boston, MA area, I can further look into an option for you.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon